In this article, we will discuss what exactly whey protein is and its different types, which will help you decide which one will be suitable for your health goals.
- Most people consume whey protein without knowing which type of whey they need to use in order to achieve their health goals. Correspondingly, they complain about not gaining their desired results.
- The market size of whey protein was USD 11.2 billion in 2022, which is expected to increase by 2 billion every year.
- Whey protein is not recommended to consume in a dry form.
If you are going to have whey protein to increase your body muscles and improve your health in an instant way, do consider which type of whey you are going to buy because it is very crucial to be knowledgeable about all the different types of whey protein available in the market.
Let’s discuss everything in detail below.
What Is Whey Protein?
Whey protein is a popular supplement containing whey-derived proteins. Whey is a by-product of cheese production. It is a liquid that is created during the cheese-making process when the coagulated milk proteins are separated from the whey.
It is a complete protein package that contains all the necessary amino acids. It is also a full source of branched-chain amino acids, which are highly important for muscle growth and recovery.
Whey protein is often used by athletes, fitness lovers, and bodybuilders since it helps increase body mass and strength. It is also used by those looking to lose weight, as it helps to reduce appetite and increase feelings of fullness. Whey protein is also known to boost the body’s immune system and has been found to reduce cholesterol and blood pressure.
Different Types of Whey Protein Explained
Although there are many different types of whey protein available in the market, ideally, there are two different types of whey protein that are mostly considered and recommended by fitness enthusiasts and health experts.
Each type has its own important role in providing muscle strength and the percentage of protein you will get for your body.
This section will help you understand both types and which one will be right for you to achieve your health goals.
Whey Protein Concentrate
Whey protein concentrate is the most used type among the different types of whey protein. It is made by filtering the liquid whey, a by-product of cheese production. Whey protein concentrate usually contains between 25-89% protein and some fat and lactose, which is very helpful in gaining your health goals. Fitness enthusiasts and experts recommend it.
Important Benefits of Whey Protein Concentrate
- A rich source of essential amino acids, which are important for muscle growth.
- It is high in branched-chain amino acids, which can help support muscle recovery.
- Contains a range of antioxidants that can help protect the body from oxidative damage.
- It helps support weight loss by reducing hunger and increasing feelings of fullness.
- It may help to reduce inflammation and improve immune function.
Whey Protein Isolate
Whey protein isolate is a moderately pure form of whey protein. It is made through a more intensive filtration process, removing more fat and lactose. Whey protein isolate typically contains 90 to 95 percent protein, and the remaining percentage is made up of fats, minerals, and other compounds.
It is a good choice for those who are looking for a low-fat, low-lactose protein source. It can be used as a post-workout protein supplement or added to recipes for an extra protein boost.
Whey Protein Concentrate is a Better Choice Than Isolate, but Why?
Whey protein concentrate is considered better than isolate in most cases because it contains more of the beneficial fats, carbohydrates, and other nutrients that are naturally found in dairy products. It is also easier to digest than isolate and contains more of the beneficial proteins, peptides, and immunoglobulins that can help boost the immune system.
It also contains more of the muscle-building branched chain amino acids. Whey protein concentrate is also less processed than whey protein isolate, which means it is closer to its natural state. That’s why it is mostly recommended by fitness experts to fitness enthusiasts.
Ways to Consume All Different Types of Whey Protein
You can consume all types of whey protein in a variety of ways.
- You can use the most common method of consuming, like blending in a liquid such as juice, milk, or water, and also consume it as a shake. You can also add it to yogurt, oatmeal, or other foods.
- It can also be used in different baking products to add more protein, such as pancakes, energy bars, and muffles.
- You can also use it in capsule form if you prefer to avoid the taste or texture of the powder.
No matter which form of whey protein you choose, it is a convenient way to add protein to your diet.
Hopefully, now you know all about the two most used types of whey protein, their properties, and which one will be the best fit for your health goals.
You can consume it in different ways, like blending it in any drink, such as shakes, juices, water, and milk, adding it to yogurt, oatmeal and other foods, or consuming it as a capsule. All the relevant and helpful pieces of information about the different types of whey protein have been discussed in this article.
If you are looking for the best whey protein products provider, you are highly recommended to buy with The Protein Factory as they are a big and industry-leading name in providing top-quality health products.