What is Pea Protein?
Pea Protein from THE PROTEIN WORKS™ is sourced from the finest peas and offers a natural food source for anyone following a vegan diet or looking to consume less dairy/meat food sources. It contains no added sugar and because it is dairy, wheat, gluten and lactose free, it is ideal for a wide range of people with food intolerances.
Pea Protein is one the highest grade plant based protein sources available, with over 80% pure protein content per 100g (dry basis). It naturally includes an abundance of branched chain amino acids, arginine and lysine. Its purity means it only contains 3g of carbs per serving and just 1.8g of fat. As protein shakes go, this is right up there with the best.
As this is a plant-based protein, it is important to remember that it has a very earthy taste and texture and won’t compare to a dairy protein shake for creaminess and full on taste – if that’s what you’re used to consuming. We just want to make that clear from the get-go.
What are the benefits of Pea Protein 80?
Pea Protein 80 is a lean, green machine for so many reasons. A few of these are outlined below for you:
- • Protein – contributes to the growth in muscle mass, and maintenance of normal bones.
- • Vitamin K – contributes to normal blood clotting and the maintenance of normal bones.
- • Vitamin B6 – contributes to normal energy yielding metabolism, normal psychological function, normal red blood cell formation, and normal protein and glycogen metabolism.
- • Riboflavin – contributes to the reduction of tiredness and fatigue as well as the normal functioning of the nervous system, and maintenance of normal skin and vision.
- • Magnesium – contributes to normal protein synthesis, maintenance of normal teeth and plays a role in the process of cell division.
When should I consume Pea Protein 80?
Pea Protein is ideal as a tasty protein shake any time of day to stave off hunger cravings. It also can be taken after physical activity to allow your body to absorb the high quality protein, vitamins and minerals and supply your muscles before they become fatigued and depleted. We recommend taking a shake within 30 minutes of your workout or exercise, but don’t worry if you forget being able to maintain protein levels is fine to consume at any time of day.
Who is Pea Protein 80 Powder Suitable for?
Pea Protein 80 is generally consumed by individuals on a vegan or vegetarian diet, but if you don’t fit into that category don’t let that put you off. Pea Protein 80 is becoming very popular for everyone due to its pure protein content, low carbs and low. It’s suitable for no matter what body goal you have in mind, whether that be building mass, losing fat or simply toning up.
|Values based on:||per 100g||30g serving|
|of which Saturates (g)||1.3||0.4|
|of which Sugars (g)||0.3||0.1|
|Pea Protein Isolate|
|Reduced Fat Cocoa Powder|